TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Bookings made via our website using a credit card require payment in full at time of booking.
- Bank Transfers must be completed immediately as bookings are only held for 48 hours while the payment is cleared.
- Bank Transfer payments are not accepted within 48 hours of the charter as full payment is required to be cleared before boarding.
- Credit card payments incur a 1.2% bank fee. This is also applicable to Visa debit cards.
- We gladly accept Master Card and Visa (phone transactions accepted), Money Order, Cash or Electronic Funds Transfers (from Australian bank accounts).
- We reserve the right to substitute our charter vessels should there be a requirement for this due to routine maintenance, mechanical issues or in any other circumstances we deem necessary.
- Only one promotional discount will apply for each product.
CANCELLATION & CHANGES POLICY
- Customers are welcome to change their charter date up to 7 days prior without incurring any additional charges.
- Changes between from 7 days up to 48 hours prior incur a 20% administration fee.
- Changes within 48 hours of the charter are not permitted.
If a customer wishes to cancel their booking the following conditions are applicable:
- No shows and cancellations inside 48 hours prior - no refund.
- Cancellations from time of booking up to 48 hours prior to departure - 20% cancellation fee.
- Booking received through a third party/travel agents/online travel agents may be subject to varying cancellation and refund policies. Calypso Star Charters is not liable for losses incurred through booking via a third party agent.
- Cancellations due to COVID-19 are subject to our normal terms and conditions.
- In the rare event of a cancellation on our part, we will advise customers as soon as possible. Please ensure you provide us with a mobile telephone contact number at the time of booking to ensure we are able to contact you should we need to.
- Calypso Star Charter Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel any charter due to mechanical breakdown or extreme weather conditions. Guests who have charters cancelled due to mechanical breakdown or extreme weather conditions are offered a FULL refund of their charter cost. Alternatively you have the option to reschedule your charter date. Please be aware that there is not always a departure date the next day and if there is there are not always available seats.
- In the case of when a substitute vessel (that carries a reduced capacity of guests) is required on an existing charter (due to a mechanical breakdown), Calypso Star Charters Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel a confirmed booking and provide a full refund to the guest. The decision of which booking will to be cancelled is done so in order of who was booked on last.
- Refunds will be processed via the same method as the payment was received.
- Guests who have booked their charter through a 3rd party/travel agent will need to be aware that their terms and conditions may differ. Third Party bookings will be refunded to the Third Party rather than directly to the guest.
- Bank fees and charges incurred through the refund process are at the cost of the guest.
- From time to time in the lead up to your charter we may contact you with important information and information regarding shark sightings. Please ensure we are provided with your current email address, we will not be responsible if a third party travel arranger doesn’t pass on this information.
OUR REFUND POLICY DOES NOT COVER TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION BOOKED BY THE PASSENGER. WE RECOMMEND YOU TAKE OUT TRAVEL INSURANCE TO COVER FOR UNFORESEEN CANCELLATIONS.
NO SHARK POLICY
Everyone knows that when dealing with nature there are definitely NO GUARANTEES. We want to make sure that you are well informed about our Shark Policy and that your expectations are reasonable. We make every effort to ‘lure’ the Great White to us our boat within government specified guidelines however being the wonderful, impulsive & unpredictable creatures that they are we simply cannot guarantee sightings.
Shark activity varies year to year. To assist you with making your decision on the best time to travel please visit our shark sightings calendar. See our shark sightings
The price you pay is purchasing a ticket to join our charter and not a promise of a shark interaction.
In the event that we don’t see any Great White Sharks, guests will be refunded $100. Refunds will be processed via the same method as the payment was received within seven days of a tour. Bank fees and charges incurred through the refund process are at the cost of the guest.
In addition all adult passengers will be given a $200 voucher (child’s voucher value is $150) to return within a period of 12 months from the date of the unsuccessful tour.
THESE VOUCHERS ARE NOT TRANSFERRABLE TO ANYONE ELSE AND PROOF OF ID WILL BE REQUIRED WHEN YOU NEXT CHOOSE TO BOOK.
Please note: The return voucher is a gift to those guests who wish to try again so the next trip is at a reduced price. The vouchers are not a compensation for the first trip to be cheaper and this is why they are not redeemable for cash or transferable.
If no sharks are sighted on the second trip, a voucher will be issued for the third trip at $100 per person plus the current Visitor Use Fee, to come on board as a diver. If you are really unlucky after a third trip you are eligible to keep coming on board for $100 per person per trip plus the current Visitor Use Fee as a diver until you successfully see a shark.
UNEXPECTED OCCURANCE POLICY - NO SHARK CAGE POLICY
On occasion, there are events that occur at sea that are beyond our immediate control that may have an impact on the tour, without the tour being cancelled.
At all times, safety is our top priority and an unforeseen equipment breakdown or the weather conditions may prevent us from diving, or altering the way we operate. For example , the weather forecast might be quite different to the conditions we encounter which may significantly delay or prevent us from diving, we will still remain on location the normal length of the tour whole time attracting a shark or be able to view them from the vessel.
In the event of this type of occurrence, guests will be refunded the difference between the price paid and $200 on a shark diving or Combo Tour.
This policy does not apply to guests who are unable to dive due to illness or seasickness.
PLEASE NOTE - In the event that the weather conditions are not favourable to Swim with the Sealions on our Combo tour, the tour will operate as a Twilight Shark Cage Diving charter. Guests will then have the option to either receive a refund of $145 or choose to join a Swim with the Sealions charter at no charge on another day.
EXCLUSIVE REPEAT GUEST DISCOUNT
- Have you dived with us before? As a valued guest of Calypso Star Charters we would like to extend you an offer of a $100 discount to come back and dive with us again!
- Discount only off a shark cage dive not a Sealion tour.
- Valid for travel dates between 1st June and the 31st of October every year (except on Saturday’s).
- Please contact the office to book to receive your special guest discount.
- Not to be used in conjunction with the No Shark Policy voucher or any other discounts.
- Proof required of previous dive with us.
Click HERE to subscribe to our company newsletter
No liability will be accepted for injury, sickness, loss or damage however caused. This includes costs associated with changes or cancellation of travel arrangements. Calypso Star Charters highly recommends that travellers take out Travellers Insurance for the flights and will not be responsible for any delays that may cause loss of travel arrangements.
MEALS ON TOURS
Dietary Requirements: Please inform us of any dietary requirements when you book. e.g. vegetarian or allergies to food to ensure we cater to your specific requirements.
GIFT VOUCHER & NO SHARK VOUCHER POLICY
- Gift Vouchers may be transferred into another person’s name. This is not permitted for the No Shark Policy vouchers. For the transfer to be completed written permission must be received by Calypso Star Charters from the voucher recipient.
- Vouchers are not redeemable for cash.
- Vouchers are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of issue.
- Extensions may be granted by contacting our office prior to the voucher expiry. This will incur a $25.00 fee and the payment of any applicable price rises.
- As at 1 April 2019, Guests holding a ’Spectator’ gift voucher will need to contact our office to redeem.
- Valid vouchers can be cancelled inline with our booking cancellation policy. A 20% cancellation fee applies.
- The refund of the voucher minus any fee forfeited will be provided to the recipient of the voucher not the person who has purchased the voucher.
- If the purchaser wishes to cancel a voucher, the recipient of the voucher is required to email us to confirm the cancellation.
- No shark policy voucher - Payment of the balance of the ticket is due at the time of booking. Bookings must be made direct with our office or online. ID required at check in.
- Vouchers can be used towards an upgraded product type, payment of the balance must be paid at time of booking.
Calypso Star Videos
Contact our Office on:
Telephone +61 (8) 8682 3939
Office Location 3/10 South Quay Boulevard, Port Lincoln SA 5606
Postal PO Box 2058, Port Lincoln, South Australia, 5606
Dive Locations - see a Google map of our Dive Locations
Office Opening Hours
Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5.00pm
Saturdays - Closed
Sundays & Public Holidays Closed
PLEASE NOTE OUR PHONE IS AVAILABLE 24 HOURS
Telephone +61 (8) 8682 3939