TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Bookings made via our website using a credit card require payment in full at time of booking.
- Bank Transfers must be completed immediately as bookings are only held for 48 hours while the payment is cleared.
- Bank Transfer payments are not accepted within 48 hours of the charter as full payment is required to be cleared before boarding.
- Credit card payments incur a 1.15% bank fee. This is also applicable to Visa debit cards.
- We gladly accept Master Card and Visa (phone transactions accepted), Money Order, Cash or Electronic Funds Transfers (from Australian bank accounts).
- We reserve the right to substitute our charter vessels should there be a requirement for this due to routine maintenance, mechanical issues or in any other circumstances we deem necessary.
- Only one promotional discount will apply for each product. For example with the multiple tour and the seniors discount, only the higher value will apply.
- Industry or Seniors Discount are not available on charters that operate on Saturday's, Public Holiday's or during the months of December and January.
Customers are welcome to change their charter date up to 48 hours prior without incurring any additional charges.
If a customer wishes to cancel their booking the following conditions are applicable:
- No shows and cancellations inside 48 hours prior - no refund.
- Cancellations from time of booking up to 48 hours prior - refund less 20% deposit.
- In the rare event of a cancellation on our part, we will advise customers as soon as possible. Please ensure you provide us with a mobile telephone contact number at the time of booking to ensure we are able to contact you should we need to.
- Calypso Star Charter Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel any charter due to mechanical breakdown or extreme weather conditions. Guests who have charters cancelled due to mechanical breakdown or extreme weather conditions are offered a FULL refund of their charter cost. Alternatively you have the option to reschedule your charter date. Please be aware that there is not always a departure date the next day and if there is there are not always available seats.
- In the case of when a substitute vessel (that carries a reduced capacity of guests) is required on an existing charter (due to a mechanical breakdown), Calypso Star Charters Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel a confirmed booking and provide a full refund to the guest. The decision of which booking will to be cancelled is done so in order of who was booked on last.
- Refunds will be processed via the same method as the payment was received.
- Guests who have booked their charter through a 3rd party/travel agent will need to be aware that their terms and conditions may differ. Third Party bookings will be refunded to the Third Party rather than directly to the guest.
- From time to time in the lead up to your charter we may contact you with important information and information regarding shark sightings. Please ensure we are provided with your current email address, we will not be responsible if a third party travel arranger doesn’t pass on this information.
OUR REFUND POLICY DOES NOT COVER TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATION BOOKED BY THE PASSENGER. WE RECOMMEND YOU TAKE OUT TRAVEL INSURANCE TO COVER FOR UNFORESEEN CANCELLATIONS.
NO SHARK POLICY
Everyone knows that when dealing with nature there are definitely NO GUARANTEES. We want to make sure that you are well informed about our Shark Policy and that your expectations are reasonable. We can surely do our utmost to attract the Great White Sharks to us within government specified guidelines however being the wonderful, impulsive & unpredictable creatures that they are we simply cannot change that.
Shark activity varies year to year. To assist you with making your decision on the best time to travel please visit our shark sightings calendar.
Whilst every effort is made to attract the sharks to our boat, in nature there can be no guarantees. In the event that we don’t see any Great White Sharks, those people who have paid as divers will be refunded $100 taking them back to a spectator price. Refunds will be processed via the same method as the payment was received within seven days of a tour.
All adult passengers will be given a $200 voucher (children receive $150) to return within a period of 12 months from the date of issue.
THESE VOUCHERS ARE NOT TRANSFERRABLE TO ANYONE ELSE AND PROOF OF ID WILL BE REQUIRED WHEN YOU NEXT CHOOSE TO BOOK.
If no sharks are sighted on the second trip, a voucher will be issued for the third trip at $100 per person, to come on board as a diver.
If no sharks are sighted again on subsequent trips, a voucher will be issued at $100 per person to come on board as a diver.
EXCLUSIVE REPEAT GUEST DISCOUNT
- Have you dived with us before? As a valued guest of Calypso Star Charters we would like to extend you an offer of a $100 discount to come back and dive with us again!
- Discount only off a shark cage dive not a Sealion tour.
- Valid for travel dates between 1st May and the 30th of September every year (except on Saturday’s).
- Please contact the office to book to receive your special guest discount.
- Not to be used in conjunction with the No Shark Policy voucher or any other discounts.
- Proof required of previous dive with us.
Click HERE to subscribe to our company newsletter
No liability will be accepted for injury, sickness, loss or damage however caused. This includes costs associated with changes or cancellation of travel arrangements. Calypso Star Charters highly recommends that travellers take out Travellers Insurance for the flights and will not be responsible for any delays that may cause loss of travel arrangements.
MEALS ON TOURS
Dietary Requirements: Please inform us of any dietary requirements when you book. e.g. vegetarian or allergies to food to ensure we cater to your specific requirements.
GIFT VOUCHER & NO SHARK VOUCHER POLICY
- Gift Vouchers may be transferred into another person’s name. This is not permitted for the No Shark Policy vouchers. For the transfer to be completed written permission must be received by Calypso Star Charters from the voucher recipient.
- Vouchers are not redeemable for cash.
- Vouchers are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of issue.
- Extensions may be granted by contacting our office prior to the voucher expiry. This will incur a $25.00 fee.
- Vouchers can be cancelled in line with our booking cancellation policy. The refund of the voucher minus any fee forfeited will be provided to the recipient of the voucher.
- No shark policy voucher - Payment of the balance of the ticket is due at the time of booking. Bookings must be made direct with our office or online.
Calypso Star Videos
Contact our Office on:
Telephone +61 (8) 8682 3939
Fax +61 (8) 8682 6877
Office Location 3/10 South Quay Boulevard, Port Lincoln SA 5606
Postal PO Box 2058, Port Lincoln, South Australia, 5606
Dive Locations - see a Google map of our Dive Locations
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 7.00pm
Saturdays - 9:00am - 3:00pm
Sundays & Public Holidays 10:00am - 3:00pm
PLEASE NOTE OUR PHONE IS AVAILABLE 24 HOURS