Calypso Star Charters was voted
South Australia's People's Choice Award
for an experience at the
2018 South Australian Tourism Awards!
Shark Cage Diving
Located in Port Lincoln, South Australia, it is the only place you can cage dive with Great White Sharks in Australia.
Calypso Star Charters is fully licensed by the Department of Environment and Water and is privileged to be the only one-day shark cage diving operator who is permitted to use natural fish berley to attract the Great White Sharks to our boat at the Neptune Islands Marine Park.
Being permitted to berley provides you with the best possible chance of a shark sightings and productive interaction close to our vessel and cage resulting in a memorable encounter and wonderful photographic opportunities.
Along with this license, we are proud to be Advanced Eco Certified and our Captains’ are Eco Certified Guides, Carbon Neutral and a Climate Action Leader. Receiving this certification provides us with the recognition that we conduct our operations in a way that are environmentally conscious and sustainable whilst also providing an educational component.
Swim with Sea Lions
One of the most interactive wildlife tours you can do! Come on board our Advanced Eco Certified tour and see why the Australian Sealions are nick named the ‘puppies of the sea’
A half-day tour to either the pristine Hopkins, Langton, Blyth or Grindal Islands meet the endangered Australian Sealions. We are very privileged to have the opportunity to swim with these gorgeous animals in their natural environment.
NO diver qualification or previous experience required!
- Awarded South Australia’s Best Adventure Tour & Tourist Attraction in 2017
- Ranked Number 1 on Trip Advisor
- NO minimum passenger numbers on our shark cage diving tour
- Highest shark sighting success rate amongst the one day operators in Port Lincoln
Click HERE for a pdf version of our brochure
Click HERE for a pdf version of our Information Pack
Click HERE to subscribe to our company newsletter
More people choose to cage dive with us than any other Shark Cage Diving operator in Australia!
Shark Cage Diving
Swim with the Sea Lions
Book Tours & Gift Vouchers
Travel, Stay and Play
Blog & News
Flavours of the Eyre Peninsula
Our Terms & Conditions
We are the only operator in Australia that publicises current and historic sightings.
Use this to help you decide on the best time to come. As we are dealing with a nomadic creature in its natural environment, we cannot suggest when would be the best time. We provide this information to be open and honest with all our guests to help you make an informed decision.
Our average daily success rate since January 1st 2011 is 85%
NON ACTIVITY DAYS - Non Activity Days were imposed by the Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources in 2013 as a recommendation by the CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation). They are a strategy to minimise any potential impact on shark behaviour, site visitation pattern and changes to temporary residency period of sharks to Neptune Islands. 4 days per fortnight are designated as Non Activity Days and all one day operators adhere to the same schedule.
Recent Great White Shark Sightings
Why book direct with Calypso Star Charters?
- We are available 24 hours a day & bookings can be me made direct online or phone +61 8 8682 3939
- Live availability & instant confirmation. Secure your booking immediately
- Best price available - Nowhere else online you will find a better price
- Flexibility - Booking direct allows you to reschedule or postpone up to 48 hours before with no extra cost
- Lowest cancellation fee - If for any unforeseen circumstances you do need to cancel, our cancellation fee will be the lowest
- Bookings received through a third party/travel agents/online travel agents may be subject to varying cancellation and refund policies. Calypso Star Charters is not liable for losses incurred through booking via a third party agent
- Secure and safe transition - We use the industry best standard, your details are safe with us. The option to direct debit is also available
We are Shark Cage Diving & Swimming with the Sea lion experts we do not sell any other tours and have expert knowledge of the area, and the wildlife. You can ask us any question!
Whilst we are happy for you to use your preferred travel arranger to book with us, but please if you do make sure you ask for us directly and check your paperwork to make sure you have been booked on with us to avoid any disappointment.
Calypso Star Videos
Contact our Office on:
Telephone +61 (8) 8682 3939
Office Location 3/10 South Quay Boulevard, Port Lincoln SA 5606
Postal PO Box 2058, Port Lincoln, South Australia, 5606
Dive Locations - see a Google map of our Dive Locations
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 7.00pm
Saturdays - 9:00am - 3:00pm
Sundays & Public Holidays 10:00am - 3:00pm
PLEASE NOTE OUR PHONE IS AVAILABLE 24 HOURS